Dear iGEMers,

We created the iGEM Forum as a centralized place for discussion of the latest news, advancements, and challenges in Synthetic Biology, and hope you can help us get started by adding your own posts and topics! Currently, the iGEM Forum is in beta, and so, if you find any bugs, or have any suggestions for the use of the forum, please forward them to john at igem.org!
TheaChrysostomou

The 1st SynBio Conference in Cyprus

Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:23 pm

Dear Future Leaders of SynBio,
I am Thea Chrysostomou, one of the EU Ambassadors and I am Greek/Cypriot. As Cyprus has not joined the Synthetic Biology revolution, I am organizing the First Synthetic Biology Conference in Cyprus with the hope that it can serve as the catalyst to start a national and academic conversation on the possible benefits of bringing SynBio to the island.
The event will be co-organized by the four major higher educational Institutions on the Island: University of Nicosia, Institute of Neurology and Genetics, European University and the University of Cyprus. The two day conference will be held in Nicosia, Cyprus, on Friday the 29th and Saturday the 30th of March, 2019.

I am really excited to be bringing the world of SynBio to my country and it would be a pleasure to have you there to initiate this dream.
Please find the agenda and further details in this link:

We are open to suggestions.

Αγαπητοί μελλοντικοί ηγέτες της Συνθετικής Βιολογίας,

Είμαι η Θέα Χρυσοστόμου Ελληνοκύπρια, ένας εκ των δύο Πρεσβευτών του οργανισμού για την Ευρώπη. Ενόψει του γεγονότος ότι η Κύπρος δεν έχει ακόμη ακολουθήσει την επανάσταση της Συνθετικής Βιολογίας, διοργανώνω το πρώτο συνέδριο Συνθετικής Βιολογίας στην Κύπρο με την ελπίδα να γίνει ο καταλύτης για το ξεκίνημα και την διάδοση ανάμεσα στο διεπιστημονικό κόσμο του νησιού.

Το συνέδριο θα συνδιοργανωθεί από τα τέσσερα μεγαλύτερα Πανεπιστήμια της Κύπρου Το Πανεπιστήμιο της Λευκωσίας, Ινστιτούτο Νευρολογίας και Γενετικής, Ευρωπαϊκό και Πανεπιστήμιο Κύπρου. Το διήμερο συνέδριο θα διεξαχθεί στην Λευκωσία, μέρα Παρασκευή στις 29 και Σάββατο στις 30 Μαρτίου, 2019.

Είμαι πολύ ενθουσιασμένη που μεταλαμπαδεύσουμε την Συνθετική Βιολογία στον κόσμο της Κύπρου και θα χαρούμε ιδιαίτερα με την παρουσία σας στο νέο αυτό ξεκίνημα.

Εσωκλείω το αναλυτικό πρόγραμμα στο πιο κάτω σύνδεσμο:

Η δική σας ανατροφοδότηση είναι ευπρόσδεκτη.

Return to “General Events”