Dear iGEMers,

We created the iGEM Forum as a centralized place for discussion of the latest news, advancements, and challenges in Synthetic Biology, and hope you can help us get started by adding your own posts and topics! Currently, the iGEM Forum is in beta with hopes for a release to the broader community in early January 2019. As such, if you find any bugs, or have any suggestions for the use of the forum, please forward them to john@igem.org!
Amy_iGEM

Exploration of regional challenges in SynBio and iGEM.

Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:30 am

Hello iGEMers!

My name is Amy and I am the current North American iGEM Ambassador for 2018. During this season, I worked on the launch of the iGEM Digest in hopes of capturing and sharing inspiring success stories from iGEMers, past and present, to create a sense of connectivity within the After iGEM community. As an Ambassador, I have also had a chance to speak with many of you at meetups this summer where we discussed challenges to SynBio and iGEM in your local regions. I was very excited to brainstorm ideas with you about how we can solve these problems together! Unfortunately, I did not get a chance to hear from all of you this past year. Therefore, I created this topic in the forum for us to have to continue having meaningful discussions to explore regional challenges to synbio and to continue generating ideas to solve them! I would love to hear your thoughts and help support you and the iGEMers in your region in creating targeted solutions to generate tangible impacts for the advancement of SynBio and iGEM.

1) What are some challenges to the advancement of SynBio and iGEM in your region?
2) What are some ways in which we can overcome these challenges?
3) Who are the key stakeholders that we need to engage to make this happen?

I look forward to hearing your ideas!

Return to “North America”